Overview of Services
USAFV's mission statement:
The mission of Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault & Family Violence is to provide safety, support, and education, for the prevention of and intervention in domestic violence and sexual assault.
Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence is a non-profit organization funded in part by the State of Alaska Department of Public Safety and the City of Unalaska. We are located in beautiful Unalaska, AK, and we serve the Aleutian and Pribilof Island regions of Alaska.
Our services, which include immediate safety, shelter, support, advocacy, education, information, and referral services to people in the Aleutian/Pribilof region, are strictly confidential.
- USAFV can provide crisis intervention, personal support, advocacy, information, and referral services.
- We can assist victims with completing necessary paperwork and with accessing needed services and resources.
- USAFV provides immediate safe shelter to victims in Unalaska/Dutch Harbor.
- We can accompany victims of sexual assault or violence to public safety, the clinic, or court proceedings.
- USAFV can offer other forms of support, advocacy, and other needed services based on program participant's needs.
- However, USAFV CAN NOT and WILL NOT tell people what to do.
- USAFV CAN NOT provide legal advice.
- USAFV and staff members will NEVER advise people to divorce or to remain in a relationship.
- USAFV CAN NOT conduct any kind of investigation and CAN NOT determine guilt or innocence of any person.
- USAFV does NOT influence the criminal justice or court system.
- USAFV does NOT provide funding for medical treatment or for legal services.